Thursday, January 12, 2017

January 12, 2016 - 8 days since 2nd treatment - weight

This time was a little worse than the last time, but still tolerable.  I am mainly a little more tired.  I am getting over the cold 100% with a cough a few times/hour.  I did go through some periods of constipation and the usual shooting pains at night but overall I am feeling pretty good.  I am seeing some muscle loss in my upper body, so I really need to do some exercise!

The major issue for me right now is weight loss.  I have lost close to three pounds and as a result I am trying to gain it back.  Yesterday I "cheated" on my diet and had a bowl of chili.  This morning I was at least a pound heavier, probably thanks to the carbs.

I've been trying to stick to the low sugar diet, but I am not going overboard by avoiding all food-based sugar like that found in apples, bananas, and berries.  I am concerned about the glycemic index of 147 with my last blood test that was taken an hour after I had a breakfast smoothie.  Next time I will fast before my test.  I am also going to get my PSA test next time to see if I am making progress.

So far so good.  Thank you all for the words of encouragement!  They do make a difference.


2 comments:

  1. Is the low sugar recommended or is that something you were doing regardless? Sorry to here about the weight loss and tiredness. Hang in there Les.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Low sugar is something that is a pretty universal prescription by doctors for cancer patients. I know of several people who have gone to the best hospitals and the first thing that they are told to do is to reduce sugar (especially refined sugar) intake. The premise is that sugar feeds cancer. Hence our diet change.

    ReplyDelete